Course Text Books and Additional Reserves
THIS MAY STILL BE EXPANDED
The following are required (**) or supplementary reading for 191/291 (at least
in part, as will be specified). They have been placed on reserve at Carlson
- **Susan Blackmore, Consciousness: A Very Short Introduction, Oxford U.P.,
- **Bernard Baars, In the Theater of Consciousness: The Workspace of the
Mind, 1997, Oxford University Press.
- **Drew McDermott, Mind and Mechanism, MIT Press, 2001.
- **J. Fellous & M Arbib, (eds.) Who Needs Emotions. Oxford University
- Doug Hofstadter, I am a Strange Loop, Basic Books 2007.
- [on order by library] Ray Kurzweil, How to Create a Mind, Viking 2012.
26 January 2017 / Len Schubert