I completed my PhD from the Department of Computer Science, University of Rochester in 2016. My advisor was Professor Henry Kautz.
I am currently at GE Digital.
My research interests are in artificial intelligence, particularly in the areas of activity recognition and assistive technologies.
youngchol.song at gmail dot com
- Young Chol Song, Iftekhar Naim, Abdullah Al Mamun, Kaustubh Kulkarni, Parag Singla, Jiebo Luo, Daniel Gildea, Henry Kautz (2016). Unsupervised Alignment of Actions in Video with Text Descriptions. In Proceedings of IJCAI, New York, NY, USA.
- Iftekhar Naim, Young Chol Song, Qiguang Liu, Liang Huang, Henry Kautz, Jiebo Luo, Daniel Gildea (2015). Distriminitive Unsupervised Alignment of Natural Language Instructions with Corresponding Video Segments. In Proceedings of NAACL HLT, Denver, CO, USA.
- Iftekhar Naim, Young Chol Song, Qiguang Liu, Henry Kautz, Jiebo Luo, Daniel Gildea (2014). Unsupervised Alignment of Natural Language Instructions with Video Segments. In Proceedings of AAAI, Quebec City, Canada.
- Young Chol Song, Henry Kautz, James Allen, Mary Swift, Yuncheng Li, Jiebo Luo, Ce Zhang (2013). A Markov Logic Framework for Recognizing Complex Events from Multimodal Data. In Proceedings of the 15th ACM International Conference on Multimodal Interaction (ICMI), Sydney, Australia.
- Young Chol Song, Henry Kautz, Yuncheng Li, Jiebo Luo (2013). A General Framework for Recognizing Complex Events in Markov Logic. In AAAI Workshop on Statistical Relational AI (StarAI), Bellevue, WA, USA.
- W. Lasecki, Y. Song, H. Kautz, J. Bigham (2013). Real-Time Crowd Labeling for Deployable Activity Recognition. In Proceedings of the 16th ACM Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work and Social Computing (CSCW 2013). San Antonio, TX, USA.
- Y. Song, W. Lasecki, J. Bigham, H. Kautz (2012). Training Activity Recognition Systems Online Using Real-time Crowdsourcing. In Proceedings of UBICOMP, Poster. Pittsburgh, PA, USA.
- Young Chol Song and Henry Kautz (2012). A Testbed for Learning by Demonstration from Natural Language and RGB-Depth Video. In Proceedings of AAAI, Poster. Toronto, ON, Canada. (Update: Added references to Swift et al. 2012)
- M. Swift, G. Ferguson, L. Galescu, Y. Chu, C. Harman, H. Jung, I. Perera, Y. Song, J. Allen, H. Kautz (2012). A Multimodal Corpus for Integrated Language and Action. In Proceedings of the International Workshop on MultiModal Corpora for Machine Learning. Istanbul, Turkey.
- Yi Chu, Young Chol Song, Richard Levinson, Henry Kautz (2012). Interactive Activity Recognition and Prompting to Assist People with Cognitive Disabilities. Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Smart Environments.
- Yi Chu, Young Chol Song, Henry Kautz, Richard Levinson (2011). When Did You Start Doing That Thing That You Do? Interactive Activity Recognition and Prompting. AAAI 2011 Workshop on Artificial Intelligence and Smarter Living: The Conquest of Complexity, San Francisco, CA, USA.
- Young Chol Song (2010). Joystick Text Entry with Word Prediction for People with Motor Impairments. In Proceedings of the 12th International ACM SIGACCESS Conference on Computers and Accessibility (ASSETS '10). October 25-27, 2010, Orlando, Florida, USA.
- W. Spiegl, G. Stemmer, E. Lasarcyk, V. Kolhatkar, A. Cassidy, B. Potard, S. Shum, Y. Song, P. Xu, P. Beyerlein, J. Harnsberger, E. Noeth (2009). Analyzing Features for Automatic Age Estimation on Cross-Sectional Data. In Proc. Interspeech. Brighton, UK.
- S. Stoyanchev, Y. Song, W. Lathi (2008). Exact Phrases in Information Retrieval for Question Answering. In Proceedings of Information Retrieval for Question Answering workshop, Manchester, UK.