- POSIX Threads Programming tutorial, at LLNL.
- How to Write a Simple Makefile from "Managing Projects with GNU Make", third edition, by Rober Mecklenburg
- The Nachos Instructional Operating System, by T. Anderson et al.
- Xen virtual machine, developed at the University of Cambridge, England.
- The Linux Kernel HOWTO, by B. Ward.
- Cross-Referencing Linux
- What really happened on Mars?, by M. Jones - an extra reason to study operating systems.
- The Performance Implications of Thread Management Alternatives for
Shared-Memory Multiprocessors, T. J. Anderson, E. D. Lazowska, and H. M. Levy, IEEE Transactions on Computers, 38 (12), December 1989