Current Graduate Students
- Tivadar Pápai is working on methods for inference and learning in Markov logic and related formalisms.
- Yi Chu is working on automated prompting strategies for persons with cognitive disabilities.
- Young Song Chol is working on state estimation integrating multiple kinds of sensor data.
- Adam Sadilek has completed his PhD on understanding behavior from GPS data, and is doing a postdoc with me before heading off to Google.
- Alan Liu worked with Gaetano Borriello and me on the ACCESS project. He now works at Facebook.
- Tian Sang (co-supervised by Paul Beame) worked on model counting and constraint satisfaction algorithms, and now works at Microsoft.
- Karthik Gopalratnam (co-supervised by Dan Weld) worked on temporal reasoning. He now works at Google.
- Lin Liao (co-supervised by Dieter Fox) completed his thesis on location-based activity recognition in the summer of 2006. He is employed at Google.
- Don Patterson (co-supervised by Dieter Fox) worked on activity tracking and guidance as part of the Assisted Cognition project, and completed his PhD in 2005. He is now an Associate Professor at University of California at Irvine.
- Ashish Sabharwal (co-supervised by Paul Beame) worked on proof complexity and clause-learning, and completed his PhD in 2005. He is now a researcher at IBM TJ Watson.
Yongshao Ruan worked on learning restart strategies as part of the CORE Project, and completed his PhD in 2004. He is now employed at Sourcelabs.
return to home page