Professor, Computer Science,
University of Rochester.
Member, Center for Language Sciences
and Institute for Data Science.
I'm interested in statistical approaches to natural
language processing, in particular for the tasks of
machine translation and
See my group and publications. Here are some recent papers:
- Minimizing Syntactic Dependency Lengths: Typological/Cognitive Universal?,
David Temperley and Daniel Gildea.
Annual Reviews of Linguistics, 2018.
- University of Rochester WMT 2017 NMT System Submission,
Holtz, Chester, Ke, Chuyang, and Gildea, Daniel.
In Proceedings of the Second Conference on Machine Translation, pp. 310–314, Association for Computational Linguistics,
Copenhagen, Denmark, September 2017.
- Scribe: Deep Integration of Human and Machine Intelligence to Caption Speech in Real Time,
Walter S. Lasecki, Christopher D. Miller, Iftekhar Naim, Raja Kushalnagar, Adam Sadilek, Daniel Gildea, and Jeffrey P. Bigham.
Commun. ACM, 60(9):93–100, ACM, New York, NY, USA, August 2017.
- Addressing the Data Sparsity Issue in Neural AMR Parsing,
Xiaochang Peng, Chuan Wang, Daniel Gildea, and Nianwen Xue.
In Proceedings of the European Chapter of the ACL (EACL-17), 2017.
- AMR-to-text Generation with Synchronous Node Replacement Grammar,
Linfeng Song, Xiaochang Peng, Yue Zhang, Zhiguo Wang, and Daniel Gildea.
In Proceedings of the 55th Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL-17), 2017.
- Parsing Linear-Context Free Rewriting Systems with Fast Matrix Multiplication,
Shay B. Cohen and Daniel Gildea.
Computational Linguistics, 42(3):421–455, 2016.
- Synchronous Context-Free Grammars and Optimal Parsing Strategies,
Daniel Gildea and Giorgio Satta.
Computational Linguistics, 42(2):207–243, 2016.
- Aligning Movies with Scripts by Exploiting Temporal Ordering Constraints,
Iftekhar Naim, Abdullah Al Mamun, Young Chol Song, Jiebo Luo, Henry Kautz, and Daniel Gildea.
In 23rd International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR), 2016.
- UofR at SemEval-2016 Task 8: Learning Synchronous Hyperedge Replacement Grammar for AMR Parsing,
Xiaochang Peng and Daniel Gildea.
In NAACL-HLT 2016 Workshop on Semantic Evaluation (SemEval-2016), 2016.
- AMR-to-text Generation as a Traveling Salesman Problem,
Linfeng Song, Yue Zhang, Xiaochang Peng, Zhiguo Wang, and Daniel Gildea.
In Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP-16), 2016.
gildea @ cs rochester edu
November 9, 2017