What is Computer Science?
Computer science is the development of hardware and software, the application of computer technology, and the study of computation theory.
From mobile apps to video games, robots to operating systems computer science plays a pervasive role in our lives today. This pervasiveness has led to several cross disciplinary research collaborations between our department, other departments and labs within the University including the:
- Department of Linguistics
- Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences
- Center for Language Sciences
- Center for Visual Science
- Institute for Data Science
To learn more about the research being done by the Department of Computer Science visit our research page.